You are an experienced and hands-on Finance and Operations professional with a busy mind and a long ‘to do’ list. You love variety and thrive on creating opportunity for improvement and growth in all you do. A proactive self-starter, you marry entrepreneurial flair with strong pragmatism and an impeccable eye for detail to create solid working foundations that enable progress.
You value data and enjoy developing tools to enhance understanding and business decision making. A natural collaborator, you love being part of a team and seek to work in their best interests. You are as comfortable to lead as to follow and enjoy operating at all levels across a business. Overall you are motivated by creating ‘better’ and by working with people who value the same.
We are a Global Brand Design Agency. Headquartered in London, we work with multinational CPG's all over the world to create brand value that drives growth. Our clients include some of the biggest names in the business - Pepsi-Co, Mars Wrigley, Danone, to name a few. We also work with smaller challenger brands, creating and reinventing them for long term success.
We are organised and creative and have a great team and company culture. We are friendly, resourceful, love to inspire and be inspired. We are based in Fitzrovia, central London, with ambitions to open a second studio in Chicago.
Values are our cornerstone – our values and the values we help others articulate through our work as Brand Designers. We value leadership, creativity, integrity and mutuality in all that we do and working with people who appreciate the same.
Part Finance, part Operations, part Project-based. This is a hands-on role with lots of autonomy to create opportunity and demonstrate the value of brilliant Financial and Operational leadership. It’s also a highly pragmatic role responsible for crucial day-to-day Finance and Operations functions. We have a broad international client base and have plans to open a US studio within the next 24 months as well as scaling our London premises. Working alongside the Management Team, this role is critical to helping the agency achieve those ambitions and growing Straight Forward.
It’s a Leadership Team position, instrumental in driving the Agency forwards (growth) whilst also fulfilling the practical requirements of the Finance and Operations function (stability). The Finance and Operations function is the backbone of Straight Forward and is deeply valued. We are looking for an ambitious pragmatist who wants to inspire and realise positive change, at all levels.
Part-time, 4 days per week based out of our Central London Studio. Partly WFH if preferred. Salary £45- £60k (pro-rata) plus bonus scheme.
Qualifications and Skills:
- You should be fully or part ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified and hold a related Degree qualification or be qualified by experience
- Xero system knowledge essential
- SAP systems knowledge desirable
- Streamtime knowledge desirable
- Bamboo HR knowledge is desirable
- Advanced Excel skills
- An embracer of technology, comfortable learning, exploring and utilising different software platforms
- Experience of working in / support of, Operations functions
- Good leadership; interpersonal skills; outstanding mathematical skills; honesty; integrity; reliability; solid written and verbal communication skills; high attention to detail; organisation; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; research & analytical skills.
Responsibilities in Detail:
Financial Management and Reporting
- Collating and chairing weekly revenue meetings to appraise sales against targets and track, accrue and report revenue to the correct accounting period
- Preparing reports to enable the team to clearly see the pipeline and forward plan
- Collating quarterly Management Reports, including Variance Analysis
- Collating monthly Cashflow Reports
- Ensuring treasury management and currency risk exposure
- Collating Year-End Management Reports
- Ownership/review of Finance and Ops software, championing improvement where necessary
- Ensuring all financial compliance and tax obligations are met
- Balance sheet reconciliations - accruals, prepayments, PAYE, Intercompany
- Annual Sales Forecast, Budget and target planning
- Administering and developing bonus scheme
- Building on and creating improvements to, existing reports and data analysis
Financial Administration and Bookkeeping
- Raising sales invoices through various customer platforms
- Ensuring all invoices are paid in terms and/or, in accordance with company payment policy and maintain purchase ledger
- Ensuring all Employee, contractor and client details are correct in our financial system and support systems (Xero, Streamtime, Bamboo)
- Bank reconciliations
- Timely notification of Aged Debtors and chasing where required
- VAT return
- Administering and reconciling petty cash, credit cards and travel expenses
- Preparation of end of year data for Accountants to do audited accounts for Trading and Holding company
- Administering, reconciling and managing payroll and company pension scheme
- Ensuring any pay raises, bonuses, pension contributions are formally communicated in writing and records kept on Bamboo (digital HR system)
Cashflow and Treasury
- Manage cash flow by tracking and reviewing working capital requirements
- Manage currency risk through the optimisation of exchange rate fluctuations and appropriate currency reserves
- Ensure the smooth running / function of our premises and report any faults to the landlord/managing agent
- Manage the cleaning and waste collection company and report any shortfalls
- Purchase studio equipment and supplies as necessary
H&S, Fire Safety, Security and Compliance Operations
- Working alongside the Ops Director, ensure the highest standards of Health and Safety, Security and Compliance.
- Undertaking an annual review of all H&S, Fire Safety and Security procedures
- Ensuring all H&S, Fire Safety and Security procedures are clearly communicated and accessible to our team (and contractors if required)
- Ensuring all H&S, Fire Safety and Security procedures are adhered to
- Scheduling/overseeing all H&S, Fire Safety, security and compliance inspections
- Ensuring all operations are GDPR compliant and GDPR procedures adhered to
- Enabling timely H&S, Fire Safety and GDPR compliance training for employees
- Please note this function is well established and administered via our online HR platform Bamboo
- Working alongside Ops Director, maintain, develop and continue to appraise our HR software ensuring information is accessible and up to date for all employees.
- Ensuring all new starters are inputted into the platform (Bamboo) correctly
- Assisting with on-boarding / off-boarding as required
- Ensuring all employee remuneration, benefit and promotions are up-to-date and correctly reflected on Bamboo
- Approving and trafficking holiday and absence requests through Bamboo and diary and scheduling system
- Working alongside the Ops Director, undertake an annual review of all company documentation on Bamboo making recommendations/updates/removals as necessary
- Working alongside the Operations Director, ensure the legal suite is current and accessible
- Ensuring all employment contracts are correctly signed and held on Bamboo
- Ensuring all client contracts are correctly signed and on Xero
- Ensuring all Contractors Services Agreements are correctly signed and on Xero
- Undertake an annual audit of signed contracts for quality control
- Working alongside the Operations Director to support and initiate growth projects – examples include establishing an overseas studio, expanding London studio, software audits and changes, procedural improvements, legal and compliance updates etc
- This is a highly collaborative role. Must enjoy working closely with the team and also 1 to 1 with Directors and suppliers as required.
- Must be able to work to deadlines (internal and external) and communicate clearly when a deadline is not going to be met
- Ability to lead and to follow as the team dynamic/task requires (flexible approach and can-do attitude)
- Financial Operations are privy to the largest amount of confidential and personal data in the business. Therefore, the highest standards of confidentiality and GDPR compliance are expected from this role.